Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 GMC Envoy RDS Stereo LOCKED! PLEASE HELP!

duke350
02-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Look at post #2.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310354&highlight=theftlock

GMMerlin
02-21-2009, 05:43 AM
Hello there,

I have a rather huge problem here. I have a 2002 GMC Envoy with a RDS stereo audio by BOSE with 6 CD Changer. And the previous stereo was damaged because the CD Changer was no good anymore :mad: . So I bought another one at Junk Yard and once when I installed it, it showed a "LOCKED" text on the Radio :loser: . Now this is a USED GMC and there is no Manuel. So at first I did some research on Google to see if there's any MASTER key to enter, then later I took it to the GMC dealership itself and they couldn't figure it out after 2 HOURS :banghead: Now I really need your help! Please reply asap. Many Thanks!!!!

That is really a shame, check that hyperlink provided in the other post, that is the same procedure I use to unlock radios at the dealer I work at.

agoin2002
04-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I am now in the process of ordering my 2nd 6cd Bose replacement stereo for my 2002 Envoy - yes, I paid too much for the dealer to do a 5-minute unlock job on the replacement because they had never heard of such a thing and it was a learning experience (they needed you there GMMerlin!). Here's my question:

Where is the lock stored in the radio? My point is, there is a circuit board attached to the faceplate on the stereo that is pretty easy to get off - if I take my current faceplate and attached circuit board off (it is fine, the cd changer is what screwed up of course) and put it on the replacement stereo I ordered, will it work with the existing code or will it still need reprogramming?

Thanks!

Ray62406
08-11-2009, 12:36 AM
I am now in the process of ordering my 2nd 6cd Bose replacement stereo for my 2002 Envoy - yes, I paid too much for the dealer to do a 5-minute unlock job on the replacement because they had never heard of such a thing and it was a learning experience (they needed you there GMMerlin!). Here's my question:

Where is the lock stored in the radio? My point is, there is a circuit board attached to the faceplate on the stereo that is pretty easy to get off - if I take my current faceplate and attached circuit board off (it is fine, the cd changer is what screwed up of course) and put it on the replacement stereo I ordered, will it work with the existing code or will it still need reprogramming?

Thanks!

I don't understand why your dealer couldn't reset the vin in the radio. The service tech can do a vin clear on the radio and then a vin relearn. It is not like the 90s radios. The radio is synced with the vehicle identification number. Take it to a different dealer. FWIW, the radio should have come with the vin of the vehicle it was removed from.

Add your comment to this topic!