Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What do you guys guesstimate my 1/4 is?...

integra818
03-25-2003, 05:52 PM
I'm curious about what you guys might estimate my 1/4 time..

95 GSR,96 engine
Centerforce street clutch
14" BBS's with toyo proxes RA1 street radial ( D.O.T race tire)
front strut bar (like it matters :rolleyes: )
Type R air freshener, 10 extra hp ya know ( I don't have the airfreshner, it was a joke :) )

My bro compared it to his gsr and says mine takes off like hell, with the small rims, sticky tires andgripp cutch.. I estimated 15.4, but maybe I'm wrong.

casperGSR
03-26-2003, 02:49 PM
sounds about right by my guess... maybe a little quicker.

Paonessa
03-27-2003, 12:40 PM
my friend had a bone stock 98gsr 4 door and it kept up pretty well with my car. i can do a 14.4 so i'd say you can probably get a mid-high 14 with some good shifting

shawn1
03-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Probably mid to low 15's like you said.

KrNxRaCer00
03-29-2003, 05:46 PM
low 15's

whtteg
03-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Low 15's, No way you will get in to the 14's , sorry. Your clutch nothing for you that a stock clutch couldn't do sense you have done no hp upgrades, so having that clutch will do nothing for your 1/4 ET. I say 15.4 if you are a good driver.

integra818
03-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by whtteg
Low 15's, No way you will get in to the 14's , sorry. Your clutch nothing for you that a stock clutch couldn't do sense you have done no hp upgrades, so having that clutch will do nothing for your 1/4 ET. I say 15.4 if you are a good driver.

my bro siad my GSR takes off WAY faster than his, because of the rims/ tires/ clutch. It's a pretty stiff clutch compared to my bro's stocker. I htink my clutch plays a big role in the launch. As for driving skills, I can shift very fast, heel-toe-downshift like hell, but I hav'nt practiced takeoff, give me a break, I'm just 17 and I don't even drive my gsr on the big streets yet :p

For some reason, I'm addicted to driving my GSR, I drive it about an hour and 10 minutes a day, JUST for plesure, anyone else addicted to vtec? :bloated:

KrNxRaCer00
03-31-2003, 02:37 PM
haha...i used to be like that too when i 1st got it. wears off tho. so enjoy the vtec for now. :hehehe:

whtteg
04-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by integra818

my bro siad my GSR takes off WAY faster than his, because of the rims/ tires/ clutch. It's a pretty stiff clutch compared to my bro's stocker. I htink my clutch plays a big role in the launch. As for driving skills, I can shift very fast, heel-toe-downshift like hell, but I hav'nt practiced takeoff, give me a break, I'm just 17 and I don't even drive my gsr on the big streets yet :p

For some reason, I'm addicted to driving my GSR, I drive it about an hour and 10 minutes a day, JUST for plesure, anyone else addicted to vtec? :bloated:

I wasn't tring to give you a hard time, I was just telling you the truth. The stock clutch will perform just as good as any aftermarket one when there has been nothing done to increase hp or tq. As for the take off launching harder will prob. lead to whell spin which will kill your ET. Also everytime you catch a gear that was 1/10 added to your time. Just some advice, I am not triny to give you a hard time or anything. Hope you do well and let us know how it goes.

integra818
04-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by whtteg

I wasn't tring to give you a hard time, I was just telling you the truth. The stock clutch will perform just as good as any aftermarket one when there has been nothing done to increase hp or tq. As for the take off launching harder will prob. lead to whell spin which will kill your ET. Also everytime you catch a gear that was 1/10 added to your time. Just some advice, I am not triny to give you a hard time or anything. Hope you do well and let us know how it goes.

Yeah I know you were'nt tryin to give me a hard time, I did'nt even look at it that way :) . I'm not afraid of wheel spin too much, my tires are near slick, these tires... the more thay get wasted, the better they grip, it's a competition radial. My clustch will probably slip before the tires do. I know the clutch is'n gonna add hp, niether do tires/clutch/tranny/stripped interior, but those can all help the 1/4 time and that's what I was tryin to point out. I awnna go to the 1.4 track bt if I break osmething, my dad will kill me, i"m only 17, but I DO have a brain.

GSR
04-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by integra818

Yeah I know you were'nt tryin to give me a hard time, I did'nt even look at it that way :) . I'm not afraid of wheel spin too much, my tires are near slick, these tires... the more thay get wasted, the better they grip, it's a competition radial. My clustch will probably slip before the tires do. I know the clutch is'n gonna add hp, niether do tires/clutch/tranny/stripped interior, but those can all help the 1/4 time and that's what I was tryin to point out. I awnna go to the 1.4 track bt if I break osmething, my dad will kill me, i"m only 17, but I DO have a brain.

haha, doubt your clutch will slip before your tires lose traction. btw can i ask what tires these are?

and different gear ratios/differetial ring gear (final drive) do add more power by transfering more power to the axles. example:
200hp on a 3.30 reduction gear going through a 4.40 final drive=2904hp at the axles (this figure is later reduced by the wheels diameter)
if we were to change the fd to the jdm 98 itr's 4.785 the new equation would read:
200*3.30*4.785=3158.1hp at the axles. much better huh?

TheExperience
04-02-2003, 01:38 AM
Yea, I ran my stock GSR to 15.549 @ 93 mph..that was really hard too. I think being able to drive your car to its REAL potential is soo hard. It took me all night to get down there..and in the horrible AZ heat. I think its wierd sometime when i can take a Mustang GT.. not all the time though... but it happens

Tommygsr
04-02-2003, 10:57 PM
14.0 with same mods but i have AEM cold air

KrNxRaCer00
04-02-2003, 11:47 PM
14 flat w/ simple bolts? damn...that'd have to be...40 degree weather, perfect hook up, perfect driver, sea level, great running motor...ooo...an some luck? thas a low number for jus 8-10 hp over stock...

TheExperience
04-03-2003, 02:50 AM
It stinks like sex in here, sounds a little fishy, or i'm just a really really crappy driver..but maybe so.

Paonessa
04-03-2003, 12:04 PM
my friends turbo EX civic runs just under a 14. there's no way in hell an almost stock GSR ran a 14 flat

GSR
04-03-2003, 01:28 PM
i smell it too

if you ran a 14 flat, im sure you wuld have saved the slip...post it

integra818
04-03-2003, 05:23 PM
I'm not calling you a liar, but sometimes the laser at the end of the 1/4 gets tripped earlier then it's supposed to, like when my bro was averaging 15.5's, and he ran 14.8.

casperGSR
04-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Tommygsr
14.0 with same mods but i have AEM cold air
ummmm.... bs.... but if for some reason it isn't bs can you take your mod(s) off your motor and take it outta your car and send it to me and I'll take the mods off my motor and send you mine, cause if there's some secret area 51 type acura motor in your teg I want it...:lol2:

Add your comment to this topic!