Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

error or trouble codes 93 buick lesabre custom

thecone_99
02-20-2009, 03:25 PM
well the cigarette ligter got shorted out and now when i turn the key over w/o starting it it emits 5 short tones and 1 long tone is this some kind of error code? because my heat is now running constant when the key is turned over.
and the radio don't work on the stereo but the tape player does. and the rear defrost stays on (i think). my electrical systems have gone awry.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

jason

P.S. by the way every thing like the stereo is stock original.

HotZ28
02-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Have you checked all the fuses?

thecone_99
02-20-2009, 09:10 PM
yes i checked all the fuses even the maxi-fuses. and still problems:uhoh:

wonder if it might be a relay?

Blue Bowtie
02-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Does the car have the digital automatic temperature controls?

thecone_99
02-21-2009, 08:59 AM
no it does not just the buttons and fan slider control.

thecone_99
02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
i have found out that it has the an electronic climate control module could that be whats wrong, because the buttons will not work.

thecone_99
03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
this is in addition to my first post it is not just the heat running but rather the blower motor i think. because with the cold and warm slider i can go from cold to warm. also i can control the speed of the fan with the fan speed slider. i think it's stuck on vent. (that's what it was on when the problem occurred.) and also the tape deck was in use. hope the new info helps. thanks in advance!

HotZ28
03-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Your last two post are confusing; you said in the first post that you have an automatic climate control, but in the next post, you said you have a "slider" to control the heat-cool & fan. You can not have the slider with the electronic climate control. The auto climate control would have digital display for the temp. Please clarify what type of system you have.

imidazol97
03-03-2009, 06:21 AM
i have found out that it has the an electronic climate control module could that be whats wrong, because the buttons will not work.

When you change buttons on the AC control on the dash, do the lights on the various buttons switch to show which one is selected? Does the air come out the defrost at the windshield?

When you say it's stuck on vent, I'm assuming the buttons do switch from one to another. Check the vacuum hose that goes to the storage cannister on the firewall under the hood. There's vacuum hose from the intake manifold that goes to a nipple on the bottom of the cannister that gets pulled off easily working around there. The cannister is at the driver's side of the Relay Center cover. The cannister is shaped like part of the Relay Center cover. It's next to the brake booster.

If that hose is off, there's no vacuum inside. The heater will stay on defrost because it requires vacuum to switch to anything else.

big white bufflo
03-03-2009, 06:49 AM
i had issues with my duel zone on my 92 were the blower stayed on with key off that ended up to be the blower resistore and if your vent ar not working as they should i had an issue with my mixer motor it blew cold air out the defrost all the time it was bad that located behind the glove box that if you have the climate control system

Add your comment to this topic!