Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

automatic climate control

chevygirl_2004
02-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Ok guys heres the deal. i have a 95 PA with the auto climate control. I know it has an actuator door that is bad. The temp used to flash when it came on and then quit. I could move the door manually and it was fine. Now it has another issue that I think is in the unit itself. It does not flash when it turns on now. it seems to work fine. then you will hear a beep and you look down and the recirc turns itself on and the temp is missing lines in the numbers. You cant tell what the temp is. It is also locked up at this time. You cant adjust anything. Its like the buttons are locked. I can adjust the temp from the steering wheel. If i shut the car off and back on its fine. Does this sound like the climate head unit to you.Thanks for any advise.

usedranger
02-20-2009, 05:20 PM
If you are near a good junkyard go and get a replacement. Be sure to get one that looks like yours or matches the part number. A Pull-it-yourself should be about $5-10. Its pretty easy to get it out. Start over on the passenger side.The bezel around the display should pull out and then the Vent/plastic behind that has a couple of screws holding it on. Takes those out. Gently pry that out a little and then there are 2 screws holding the display unit. If its the original there should be a part/model number on the top of the unit. It seems there are about 2 zillion sensors/controls/data feeds for these units. When mine went out (very similar description to yours; think a poltergist has invaded it) I had some help from a local Tech School auto electronics department but even they could not find the cause. Got lucky on the 3rd junkyard unit.
Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!