Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cant go over 90 in 4th gear

jkohman1
02-20-2009, 03:53 AM
well first things first i got a 93 eclipse 1.8l 184k on it. ive had it for a year now and have done quite a bit of work to it. new head gasket, water pump, alternator, cv shafts, clutch and on 3rd transmission only one i think was my fault, dropped the clutch at 4500 and a couple days later it started makin noise the spyder got all chewed up. well before i did all the work i could go up to a 100mph 5500 rpms or so in 4th gear and now that all that crap is fixed it wont go over 90mph about 4800 rpms in 4th, shift into 5th and it started going again. not sure if its the timing or not. car runs and starts juss fine low and mid end power is better than before and it doesnt bog out like it used to. juss checking to see if u guys had any idea on whats up with it. ohh only does it in 4th never had 5th up that high. 3rd will go straight to 6k if i let it.

Bodack
02-26-2009, 09:22 AM
new head gasket, water pump, alternator, cv shafts, clutch and on 3rd transmission only one i think was my fault, dropped the clutch at 4500 and a couple days later it started makin noise the spyder got all chewed up.

Wait wat? As in spyder center differential? On a 1.8L? You best be joking.

Add your comment to this topic!