Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 kiad sportage no power

njadpco
02-18-2009, 04:39 PM
k, i had a earlier post and now from the start.

i have a 2000 kia sportage 2 wheel drive, was running fine until exhaust manifold cracked, i replaced with new one, and then original o2 sensor was not working ( i think i broke it trying to get it out of the old manifold, lol) , i replaced with new o2 sensor and went to drive it now and lacks power almost dies. no check engine light is on now, but just wont run good. Will start and idle fine. but when i put in gear and go to drive lacks power. and almost just stops wont even pull up my driveway.

was told this from lmp
"
..I suppose you have double checked all wiring, vacuum hoses, etc, havn't you?
..very frustrating indeed...
DId you let it idle long enough that temperature went to normal..and then, would it act the same ?
What brand of O2 sensor did you get? I know some may be tricky to wire back in, color coding not the same, ...I will verify with other sources.
The knock sensor is the other side...but just in case, if disconnected, it retards timing a lot...
Also check MAF connection....it looks like it does not deliver fuel in proportion to air flow...
The Sportage is well known to act non-sense...and several came with such stories, but never came back to tell how it ended up....if you find out, please tell it here....
"

so i did let it idle to get warm and no help, then i also checked the maf and it is fine also checked for vacuum leakes with propane and did not find any there. took timing cover off and timing marks with belt look like it is in time.

to start off with all i done is took the exhaust manifold off and put new one on and all this started. i also checked the catalytic converter to see if it was stoped up causing my problems so i disconnected it temperaly and that did not solve the problem.

also when i did replace the exhaust manifold the only parts i took off the car were the tube for the maf sensor and the heat shield, and disconnected the throttle linkage. put all back the way they were. I just dont know where to go from here.

Add your comment to this topic!