Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

VX problems any help please!!!!

nickwazere
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I have a late 2002 vx executive and i have had it for 3 or so months and it hasnt missed a beat untill yesterday i started having a problem where the engine just cuts out. Ill be driving and it will turn off which could be quite a problem at high speeds in peak hour traffic on the freeway. It only does it on occasions but it has happened about 6 times now and my mechanic is unsure as it hasnt happened while he has been driving for him to know where the prob lies. He thinks it could be 1 of several problems inc the computer. I was wondering it this was a common problem oin vx's and if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks heaps

mmcleo11
04-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Common for the crank pulley rubber to crack and put the crank angle sensor out. Replace the CAS and the pulley ;)

driffter
06-29-2010, 05:54 AM
This can also be caused by a faulty DFi module (its what the coil packs attach too). Disconnect the plug on the module (should be attached by a 8mm bolt i think or mabye smaller) and check for corrosion, also retension the pins with a pick, clean terminals and connector with contact cleaner, re-fit and check . If not the DFI module may be faulty (common problem).

Add your comment to this topic!