Alarm when unlocking with key

lmbro
02-17-2009, 01:03 AM
I just bought a 2006 Chevy Cobalt. My car alarm goes off after opening the door when I unlock it with the key. It does not turn off until I put the key in the ignition and start the car. Is this normal? The seller assures me that it is and will not do that if I get remote keyless entry installed. It is very annoying and embarassing that it goes off every time I unlock the car.

brcidd
02-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Here is some info.....

Important: Using the power door unlock switch or manually unlocking the doors does not disable the CTD armed mode. Also, disconnecting the battery or pulling fuses does not disable the armed mode, since the BCM stores the CTD mode status in memory

Now here is how to NOT arm the car:

If you do not want to arm the system, you may lock the car with the manual lock knobs on the doors

Sounds like you have ten seconds to get in and turn on ignition- if not using a transmitter.............

If the system is armed, it can be activated by either:

Opening the driver's door or trunk. This will cause a ten second pre-alarm chirp followed by a thirty second full alarm of horn and lights.

Opening any other door. This will immediately cause a full alarm of horn and lights for thirty seconds.

When the CTD system is in passive arming mode, the system will arm itself one minute after the key is removed from the ignition, and the last door is closed. The doors will not lock automatically. You must press the interior door lock switch, or use the key to lock the door. If you lock the doors using the LOCK button on the keyless entry transmitter, the vehicle will lock, and the CTD system will arm immediately

Basically, you need the transmitter to do it right.............

Add your comment to this topic!