Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Smaller Subwoofer box for the Cobalt?

edco
02-16-2009, 11:58 PM
My 17 yo son got a almost freebie deal for a used two boston acoustic rally series subwoofers inside of a kicker sealed/ported box with kicker tweeters. The amp is a 1000W pyle 2/4ch. My problem is its too big for the trunk ie, if he ever gets a flat, he's going to need to disconnect the subwoofer box to get to the spare tire and tools.

I'm thinking if I could get a slightly smaller box that reaches to the edge of the spare wheel well, he'd still have to manipulate the carpet, but wouldnt have to deal with the unplugging of wires (likely in the dark and in the rain) and cause damage.

Has anyone found a cabinet size that would accomodate ( I think they are 2 10's) the speakers and eliminate having to unplug the cabinet to get to the spare.. If so, where..and about how much.. I think I can safely move the speakers from the one box to the other (although I do like that the kicker has a screen (albeit a thin one) to reduce speaker damage from tossing book bags etc into the trunk..so I might need to add some metal grills.

Thank you as always in advance..

Ed in Metuchen, NJ

Add your comment to this topic!