Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

it just wont stay on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmy0003
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
i have a 99 mitshu galant 2.4L 4cilndr the service eng light came on about 3weeks ago, and it started dying on me. i changed the plugs,cables,oil and filter, even one of the coils. now it will start for about 3-5 secs and ill die! even if i give it gas on the start up it will revup but die emmedly, at times it does stay on for a while, so i know that fuel it not the issue. after many attemps to restart it has stay on for at least five mins! at this time i revit up and it does just fine. but if i shut it off and restart it wont stay on.??? i suspect the egr valve! help. or the ignition switch.:banghead:

RahX
02-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Did you ever have someone check the code for you? Throwing parts at something without at least having an idea of what is going on usually doesn't yield positive results. It isn't very cost effective either.

jimmy0003
02-18-2009, 01:18 AM
yeah i got a scanner today and code read p0340 and some second code which shows as pending but it wont display! i assume because the engine does not stay on long enough to read. any advice on this??

RahX
02-18-2009, 06:40 PM
You most likely have a bad Camshaft position sensor bad. Go get yourself one and replace it bub.

Add your comment to this topic!