Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dash lights

WYOMAX
02-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I just bought a 2003 Buick Regal. Tonight when the automatic lights came on the radio and temperature lights went dim and the non of the dash and window switch or the lights down at the shifter came on. I checked the fuses and did not see a fuse for just dash lights. Could it be the dimmer switch? If you turn it all the way it turns on the lights obove the backdoor and below the dash. Thanks for any help

BNaylor
02-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Could be the dimmer control at the headlight switch. Common problem. Just do a search on our old threads.

And welcome to AF.

WYOMAX
02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Could be the dimmer control at the headlight switch. Common problem. Just do a search on our old threads.

And welcome to AF.
Thank you. I am thinking that it is the dimmer switch. Where would be the best place to get one and how do i get behind the dash to replace it? I see that the end piece of the dash snaps in but i am not sure how to pull the front piece off without breaking it. Thanks

BNaylor
02-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Thats correct. You access the switch by removing the plastic cover. Carefully pull hard on it but without breaking it.

Add your comment to this topic!