Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4x4 light blinking dome light wont go off

transgta
02-15-2009, 10:21 AM
My boys 99 ranger just started having 4x4 light blink all the time. try to put 4x4 on wont engage. Was just workin last week. Also when he closes his door the chime keeps chimin and the dome light stays on. Sometimes it goes off after 20 seconds or so. I did take door panel off and mess with wire goin to the latch helped for a while. Any help please..DAVE

rteas48183
02-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I had The same dome light issue, in my 1998 Ranger regular cab. I solved this by getting Clear Silicon lubricant, or white lithium grease and spraying the clasp in the door and repeatidly opening and closing the door. I would suggest doing both sides, and Seems to me like i have to repeat this every 8 months or so. I also have the 4X4 issue in my 2001 Explorer Sport, Where the 4X4 light flashes on/off randomly when engaged Seems to me like this only occurs when there is moisture outside (Rain/Snow) when you need it most. I have not found any solution to this problem.

transgta
02-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Ok i will try the grease in latch thanks. The 4x4 will not engage and even though switch is in 2hi the 4x4 light still blinks

Add your comment to this topic!