Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Protection from sun for interior from T-tops

mom's toy
02-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I recently purchased 97 Firebird with T-tops. The interior is in excellent shape. What I am wondering what I can do to protect the interior from sun damage? I know it's just Feburary but it's been unseasonably warm here and since I just got my car on the road this week I have been riding without the T-tops. I am concerned the sun with damage my seats. Is there anything I can put on the cloth seats to protect them from the sun?

Thanks for any tips or advice. I know the new might wear off but I really like riding without those tops!!! :naughty:

blindeyed
02-13-2009, 10:31 PM
You can get some t-top shades that go up and under the t-tops to block the sun from shining through. They're hard to come by cheap on ebay, the only reasonably priced I could find are aftermarket pieces of plastic:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMARO-FIREBIRD-T-TOP-SUN-SHADES-1993-2002_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ170302594823QQptZMotor sQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Simple enough that you could easily make your own for a fraction of the price.

mom's toy
02-14-2009, 11:05 AM
I have those shades. They came with my car. What I am concerned about is when I am riding with the t-tops out. And when the car is sitting while I am out of it.

I am wondering if there is some type of spray I can put on the cloth seats to protect them from the UV damage. My interior is in excellent shape and I want to keep it that way. I do alot of riding by myself so the driver 's seat is covered by me but the passenger seat isn't.

mom's toy
02-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I wonder if something like scotch guard or something like that might help with UV protection.

Add your comment to this topic!