my ZC fuel cutoff is 3500, HELP

94tegRS
03-25-2003, 02:35 AM
well, it doesnt really feel exactly like fuel cutofff did when i accidentally hit it in my integra once, but I bought it today and it came all wired but he never could figure the distributor out and then he went to the military, anyways in 10 minutes i had it started, but as i drove home i noticed that if i revved past around 3300 it would lose power, then get it back but lose it again instantly. also, when i got to a gas station i loosened the distributor bolts and revved it using the lever on the TB under the hood while trying different timing each time i revved, it did nothing but i did notice that a spark jumped between the dist. and the block at the lower front bolt. this is NOT normal, right. any idea.

also i doubt this has to do with anything, maybe big coincidence, but on its monster tach, the lowest you can set the shift point is exactly where it cuts off. I lowered it all the way, and just when the light flashes you lose power, light blinks on and off as you lose and get back power, over and over again. and even with it set at 9 it does it, but without the light. I miht try unhooking it just to see. he had it wired to a wire in the 2 wire plug that goes to the cam sensor though i think, is that the right spot?

Thanks, ill try and get pics and better descriptions. plus in the daylight ill be able to look more closely

94tegRS
03-25-2003, 03:34 PM
OK, well I have the CX model 94 hatch, whivch camne with a 1.5 SOHC. now i see it is rated at 70HP @ 5000 RPM. where is fuel cutoff stock. because I was thinking aboiut when i had my integra, fuel cutoff was at least 1k over the peak HP RPM. so is the CX cutoff at about 6850-6900 stock.

my zc currently gets no fuel at about 34?? RPM, which is exactly half of what the old 1.5's was(if im right in assuming it was 6850).

it was a SOHC, now it is DOHC running on the same computer I think, so is it possible for the sensor to se both cams and tell the computer it is revving 2 times as much as it really is, therefore cutting off fuel 50% early.

I really wanna go out and HOS this thing, PLEASE HELP!

luti
03-25-2003, 05:49 PM
If you never swapped ECU's I would try getting the right ecu before changing anything else. To tell you the truth, I'm amazed the car runs at all with the wrong ECU.

92teggsr
03-27-2003, 06:13 AM
It's not the ECU because we tried it with the one out of my 92 gs-r and it did the exact same thing. It must be somewhere in the wiring. Could it be the cam timing or a cam sensor ? Could it have something to do with the Throttle Positioning sensor ? Anyone got any ideas ? Please help.

luti
03-27-2003, 08:53 AM
Did 92 gsr's come with ZC's?

92teggsr
03-27-2003, 09:19 AM
I know they didn't but it didn't even make the slightest difference on how the car ran so it must be a sensor.

turboawdgsx
03-27-2003, 10:47 AM
Sounds like your distributor is fried. Try replacing it with a known good one. I had the same problems you had. What it is from, is that the fuel isn't getting combusted, therefore, it floods the motor & prevents any more power out. No clean burn, no clean power.

Rob

94tegRS
03-28-2003, 11:45 AM
ok, well, it also runs really rich. I go through gas like its a V8. also I smell gas sometimes, starts slow, sometimes floods easy on start-up. what controls that? the MAP sensor?

Add your comment to this topic!