Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can Someone answer this mind blowing Problem

Mark2106
02-07-2009, 09:10 PM
I have a 1999 Malibu which is really my wifes car. My stereo was playing fine until my sister-in-law borrowed it. Now the stereo comes on but no sound. I replaced the factory stereo with a JVC am/fm/cd and I still have the same problem. I tried to just use the power leads and connect the speakers sep but still had the same problem PLEASE HELP my wife thinks I did something wrong:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: This is starting to hurt because when we travel I HAVE TO listen to her talk about work:runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

PlayStation3
02-07-2009, 10:37 PM
check you fuses, you will be admazed at what the radio is intrgrated into. minein my old car was intergrated into 4 different circuits. so check your fuses. and it sounds like wiring since u replaced the head unit. so that would be the second place to look.

what do u have the ground connected to?

PaulD
02-08-2009, 08:48 AM
do you have an amp connscted to the head unit ?

AK47 SRH420
02-22-2009, 12:15 PM
check to make sure you dont have any bare wires touching, and then check your fuses cause you can blown them rather easy

freeashkee
04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Maybe youre speakers are blown out, if the left is blown out then the right might not operate. Its possible that all might not work if ones blown out.

PaulD
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
often times, if one speaker wire is grounded out it will shut the whole amp down.

Add your comment to this topic!