Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rear brakes

boostjunkie333
02-07-2009, 02:50 AM
hello, i have powerslot front rotors, and im about to do a rear drum-to-disc conversion, and the instructions call for snatching the rear discs off of a model eclipse that came with rear discs

so im wondering, are the front rotors the same as the ones id need for the back, or if i want powerslot rear discs will i need to buy the ones that would have came ont he rear of a 2g?

does this question make sense? lol

Black99GST
02-14-2009, 03:37 PM
rear rotors are different. they need to accommodate for the hand brake.

Blackcrow64
02-14-2009, 04:50 PM
You'll need rear rotors whether they are oem or aftermarket ones. They are a different size than the front rotors.

boostjunkie333
02-15-2009, 09:16 PM
thot so

i guess i could get away ordering powerslot rears from a gt or what-have-you and just put em on my rs since the how-to to this mod started with pulling from other eclipses so

sweet thanks

david-b
02-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Just wanted to show; you can see in the pic the size difference from the rotor to the wheel between the front rotor which I'm holding (and to the left) compared to the 2 on the top. The actual surface area of the rotors are different also.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g291/david-b/DSCF0003Medium.jpg

boostjunkie333
02-16-2009, 12:18 AM
yeahhh ok thats what i had pictured in my head...

thanks for showing me and clearing it up

i have powerslot fronts, if i wnt powerslot rears i guess i should order a pair that would fit the rear of a 2g gt since thats where i would have gotten them if i hadnt bought ne wones for the conversion....and so the calipers will fit

Black99GST
03-20-2009, 04:29 PM
if i wnt powerslot rears i guess i should order a pair that would fit the rear of a 2g gt since thats where i would have gotten them if i hadnt bought ne wones for the conversion....and so the calipers will fit

i'm not to sure what it is you are asking because i forgot how to read like a 2nd grader... however, ordering the rear kit for the 2g GS/GST/GSX from Powerslot will provide you with the larger rear rotors you are looking for, as well as the caliper relocation brackets so that you can still use the OEM rear calipers without to much fuss.

boostjunkie333
04-09-2009, 06:31 PM
You forgot how to read like a second grader?

Im not quite sure I know what THAT means...:screwy:

What im ultimately getting at is I own a gsx w/o an engine that im working on on the side, and I have powerslot front rotors on my rs now...had to convert the rear drums to rotors, I was curious if there were any big brake kits out there for the 2g that come with FOUR rotors instead of two like I keep finding...do they make a 4 piece kit for the 2g...im ready to order a brake kit for the gsx but can't find a full kit...do I have to buy two sets of two rotors? Piece it all together...

cantgo2fast
04-14-2009, 12:04 PM
You forgot how to read like a second grader?

Im not quite sure I know what THAT means...:screwy:

What he means by that is you might want to spell check your posts becasue its hard to read.

If your looking for a complete brake upgrade package you need the first two parts shown here
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/search.php?veh=2G+DSM&cat=252&type=Brake+Kits (http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/search.php?veh=2G+DSM&cat=252&type=Brake+Kits)
The first picture are the rear discs and the second picture is ar ethe fronts. If you alrady have the fronts then all your going to need are the rears.

These are for a 2g GSX/GST a 2g GT doesnt exist. I do not know if these brakes will fit on a GS/RS model

boostjunkie333
04-14-2009, 01:38 PM
thats exactly what i was looking for, thanks man!

Add your comment to this topic!