Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86 s10 blazer - ecm (1) fuse

ronrdpb
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I have an 86 s10 blazer<4 wd> w/ TBI... I'd gotten sooo accustomed to its rock solid dependability UNTIL it began blowing the primary ECM fuse. At first I thought it was just a glitch - while driving it just shut down as tho I turned the key off. A bit of checking revealed a blown fuse for the ECM. Fuse replaced - normal operation. A day or two later it happens again but now replacing the fuse is futile. It blows again instantly upon ign. on. I've examined for shorted wiring and thus-far found none. Any ideas?

MT-2500
02-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Little late.
But check the air filter adapter at injectors.
They are bad about pinching injector wiring there.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

ronrdpb
02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Hey mt2500... late's far better 'n never! Good call on those injector wires... I always hated how vunerable they seemed - so I did check those. Finally found the (several) problem(s). 1) wire bundle just above the fwd u-joint on the frnt drive shaft had dropped down just enough to wear thrthrough. 5 bare wires one of which broke through...fixed them - then 2) wiring shorted to exh. manifold @ passenger side - thing runs great agin - even better. AND just in time fo the 20+ inch snow fall we just had. (Is it a sin to crawl past those Power Wagons stuck in the snow and feel just SOOOO good???)

MT-2500
02-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey mt2500... late's far better 'n never! Good call on those injector wires... I always hated how vunerable they seemed - so I did check those. Finally found the (several) problem(s). 1) wire bundle just above the fwd u-joint on the frnt drive shaft had dropped down just enough to wear thrthrough. 5 bare wires one of which broke through...fixed them - then 2) wiring shorted to exh. manifold @ passenger side - thing runs great agin - even better. AND just in time fo the 20+ inch snow fall we just had. (Is it a sin to crawl past those Power Wagons stuck in the snow and feel just SOOOO good???)

Thanks for posting back how it went and the fix.
Glad you found it.
Good Luck

Add your comment to this topic!