Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sony xplod help

Burtonborder562
02-01-2009, 09:47 PM
hey guys im on a budget n i just bought two 12" 1200 watt subs and the 1000 watt amp. N i bought the pre packqged scoshe wires that matched my amp. But my question is.. I got it all hooked up rite, n i play off my ipod which is connected threw a fm transmitter, but im not really gettin that much bass. Wyat do u think is the prob!? There is like this knob on my amp but idk wut it is for. Help me please!

Thanksss

PaulD
02-01-2009, 10:12 PM
the frequency response of most FM transmitters isn't that great, and the sound quality is even less. There should be at least one knob on the amp that is labeled sens or gain near where the RCA input wires go - try turning that knob clockwise to the halfway point and see what happens.

Burtonborder562
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Yes the knob is near the rca ports.. N the nob is like white, n i need like a flathead screw driver to do it... Sound right to you?? N what shuld i do about the whole fm transmitter thing!? My reciever doesnt have s port for my ipod, soo is there ny other resort? Bc my reciever doesmt play burnt cds... Unless u know a way to fix that hahs like the format of the music haha. Thankss

dpj52190
02-03-2009, 12:21 PM
yea FM transmitter transmits at 64 kbps bitrate which is about 1/2 the quality of mp3 songs...and like 1/10 the quality of original CDs. Best way is to hook up your ipod with AUX jack.

PaulD
02-03-2009, 07:00 PM
most of your options become rather expensive ..... new headunit, eq with input, etc ...

matrx10503
02-11-2009, 11:10 PM
yeah if you have RCA inputs(I hope you do) in your player, buy a 3.5mm audio jack to RCA cable (cheap)....and plug it into your player....input 1, input 2, AUX or w/e

More-Costly Alternative:
Or just get a Pioneer like mines that has USB connectivity (so you can hook up ipod, mp3 player, jump drives, and even hard drives...basically anything USB and has music on it) :-D

And like said.......take in account, .mp3 is compressed, so less than say.... .wav format....and going on ipod I think iTunes puts it in there format (dunno bout quality loss)
but all in all ipod quality
Also in my player......it has an USB sound booster/enhancer, so that helps me get some of whats lost in the compression....

Good Luck

Add your comment to this topic!