Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

87 thunderbird 3.8L V6 questions

fuji12323
02-01-2009, 02:32 AM
First off, what are the best performance parts to put on my car to increase horse power and torque?

Second, on the subject of a supercharger what website/store should i be looking in to find a supercharger which fits my car

Thank you in advance
Michael

maleva
02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Kindly help guys' My car is opel Vita 1997/ Japan import.
the key is won out, "Broken" I have bought a new Control box and it key' but yet no ignition' the report from the diagnosis tool I depict "false transponder key" the solution comes is reprograming the key.
The main problem am facing is I have no Idea where I can get my " Vehicles security code" I have done some reading I have found possible to get it in the car pass or radio pass' and I don't have an Idea to get these things.
Please can any one assist me to get the security code for my car?

drdisque
02-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi Michael

There are no superchargers that fit your car. Realize that your engine is 22 years old and wasn't exactly the model of durability even when it was built. Supercharging it would likely blow that engine.

If you're serious about performance with that car. I would recommend doing a engine swap to a carburated 302 (5.0L) V8. It would cost maybe $1000 for the engine and the labor to have the swap done would likely cost another $1000, but the car will be much quicker.

If you're looking for something simple, I'd make sure that all the routine maintenance has been done and then get a custom cat-back performance exhaust built by an exhaust shop. It will cost roughly $200 and maybe give you 5 hp.

fuji12323
02-01-2009, 11:44 PM
thanks... so x, y, or h pipe exhaust system? which ones better and which brands

Add your comment to this topic!