Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

got a ticket

whiteracer
03-24-2003, 11:59 AM
AHHHH!!!!

I just feel like letting off a little steam. I know i deserved the ticket and according to the laws around here, there's nothing i can do. I got some plain altezza's and that's about it to the exterior, i'm trying to keep it clean but still a little different. Anyways, i'm in the Baldwin Park/West Covina on the 10 freeway and i'm just getting on the freeway going about 50, i use my turn signal even though i don't see a cop, and i cop comes out of no where and sits on my but for about a quarter mile. Then he turns on his red lights (no flashing), i know something up but i didn't do anything wrong and his lights aren't flashing, he turns on some oranges lights and pulls out his speaker thing and tells me to get off the freeway. I have yet to get a ticket so i'm pretty paranoid and trying to figure out what i did. Anyways, i have to pull off into a big dirt feild (i just got my car washed!) and i look in my mirror to them to get a direction of where to go and they're freaking laughing!!! Not too bad just chuckling or something. I'm dressed in a shirt and tie and i look totally out of place in my car today. He wanted to write me up for two things. one, the altezza assembly is illegal (is it?). Two, the turn signal bulb is white, not amber or red like its supposed to be. I agree with the bulb, i knew that was coming. What about the altezza lamps itself? Anyways, i gave him the "i just bought the car" because i couldn't find my registration and he kinda simpathized with me cause he said "a lot of shops sell those lights but they don't tell you they are illegal" i just kept nodding and playing along like i didn't know any of this. He just gave me a "fix it" ticket for the bulbs. He was gonna give me a ticket for the lamps but that's a serious one and either he didn't feel like going through all that (if he did, could i have protested it?) or that i couldn't find my registration since it was here at work. I got off pretty easy and i knew i was wrong, but i'm still mad. at who? i dunno. I think the cop was training the other younger guy on how to write a ticket and handle a situation or something, cause seriously, do they have nothing else to do? I work for the city attorney's law firm and no doubt that cop has been in our firm at some time. But what's really funny, is that i wanna be a cop for the same city i got pulled over in and where this cop works too. I refuse to change my lights. (except for the day when i go to the station and show them everything is normal) ;)

whiteracer
03-24-2003, 12:03 PM
i got this law out of one of the books in our library.....i hate it.

RedY2KCivic
03-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey I got that white rear turn signal ticket too :coolguy: lol :( Just swap em and get it signed off. For the altezzas, any modification to the lighting on your car is illegal.....as in all altezzas are illegal. When I got the bulb ticket, they tried to give me a ticket for my STOCK red/white rear light housings, because they thought I had cleared them out myself or whatever, and I sat there arguing with the cop how they were STOCK for a good 5 or 10 minutes. If you're set on not taking your altezzas off, just be ready to get lots of fix it tickets. They're really cracking down on little things like that up here in Nor Cal too :rolleyes:

SilverY2KCivic
03-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Actually the law goes like this, and I'm for sure this what the cop was after. Your rear tail lights MUST have a red reflector of some sort inside the housing on them on the sides of them, that's visible when on the side of your car. Unless your Altezzas have them, they are illegal. Now APC and TYC and other companies are now making DOT (supposedly) legal Euro tails that have that red reflector. They look ghey IMO though. But to each there own. According to what the first paragraph says of what you copied, my hyperwhite front corner markers are exempt from this rile since they are white. :cool: My hyperwhite side markers are out of compliance I believe. As long as you attract no more attention to yourself than the bulb itself, most cops won't sweat it. Baldwin Park police are known to be punks though, so becareful. ;) I'm lucky, I wanted to be different but not get hassled, so I put YELLOW bulbs on my rear blinkers. They are FAR from white, and definitely not amber, but it would be VERY hard for most people to distingush the differance, since you could mistake it for orange almost. ;) :D

whiteracer
03-25-2003, 03:47 PM
yeah i like the white/red tail lights on the 99-00 civics. When i first got my car i wanted to get those but i wasn't sure if they would fit and all so i got the ones i have now. Would they have fit? and are they easy to find?
Anyways, why are altezza's illegal? they still have the two red brake lights, the white reverse light, and if you choose, the amber or red turn signal bulb. I was behind some chick who had some today while i was sitting in traffic and i compared hers to any other car. She had an amber bulb in so everything was the same as every other car, except they just looked different. I don't get it.

RedY2KCivic
03-25-2003, 04:40 PM
Well in all my experiences with the cops, they all tell me that altezzas...well, modification in any way to the lighting/housing is illegal, and they'll pull ya over. Either way, it's still a major hastle of they do. Here's the CA vehicle code description of the tail lights... http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=6456883646+1+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve I actually found a bunch of them, a few might apply, so here's the list I came up with... http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/calawquery?codesection=veh&codebody=rear+light+housings&hits=20 When I got pulled over for my bulbs/lights, the cop told me to "make sure all my friends with modified light assemblies such as altezzas need to take them out, because when the cops see altezzas, they're going to pull them over". I know a fair amount of people that got ticketed for having altezzas, with red and amber bulbs/reflectors or not. So....I guess it just depends on what kind of cop you get behind you.

And yea, you can get the red/white tails for your car, here's a 98 civic with them....

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/824188back-main.jpg

and it looks just like mine :)

Frostbyte
03-27-2003, 10:42 AM
I got that ticket also. That is why I hate Rice. IT draws to much attention to yourself and cops harass you all the time.

TheNotoriousMogg
03-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic
they thought I had cleared them out myself or whatever

You did lindy I saw you....heh

RedY2KCivic
03-30-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by TheNotoriousMogg

You did lindy I saw you....heh

:hehe: yea you caught me. I snuck into the factory and cleared them out on the assembly line before it got to my dealership :D

TheNotoriousMogg
03-31-2003, 02:15 AM

:hehe: yea you caught me. I snuck into the factory and cleared them out on the assembly line before it got to my dealership :D

I wasent gonna go into that much detail :P

Frostbyte
04-01-2003, 01:45 AM

I see you got some new pics of your car in your sig. How is the new job coming along?

RedY2KCivic
04-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Frostbyte

I see you got some new pics of your car in your sig. How is the new job coming along?

Its coming along ...well....long, lol. I really like it a lot though. :) I work a whole lot and go to school a whole lot so I'm always tired now :( Nothing is new with my car though even though there probably should be with how much time has gone by w/o me putting money into her, just a million new pics http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/contrib/ruinkai/wcurios.gif

SilverY2KCivic
04-02-2003, 01:31 AM
Did you get my PM? :confused:

Frostbyte
04-02-2003, 12:39 PM

Its coming along ...well....long, lol. I really like it a lot though. :) I work a whole lot and go to school a whole lot so I'm always tired now :( Nothing is new with my car though even though there probably should be with how much time has gone by w/o me putting money into her, just a million new pics http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/contrib/ruinkai/wcurios.gif

I can't wait until you get the GSR swap that you have been wanting to. I am thinking about selling my car. I will be getting another car since I was able to pull off a raise where I work. Time to get something a little quicker and funner to drive.

RedY2KCivic
04-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Matt-- *checking my inbox now*

Nate--I would give just about anything for that new engine/tranny :D So what do you have in mind that you want to get instead of your civic?

Frostbyte
04-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Matt-- *checking my inbox now*

Nate--I would give just about anything for that new engine/tranny :D So what do you have in mind that you want to get instead of your civic?

Well I am checking on some prices on some used S2000's right now. I am going to price everything out including insurance and see if I can afford it. I will be saving up a big down payment though. Hey did you get a new cell phone yet?

Melt
04-04-2003, 11:00 AM
hmm ... any modification to your lighting is illegal eh? If I get pulled for painting my stock all red with that trasparnet shit imma be pissed.

Add your comment to this topic!