Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MANY problems - '98 Cav

thadigg24
01-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Had this car from my brother...inherited a lot of problems i would like to fix...if you have a suggestion for any please help me out here. So far i've replaced the head gasket, water pump, and a couple belts.

For starters.....the E-brake doesn't work properly. The light is on, and it doesn't do anything if you pull it unless your on ice (slides the back around) or going extremely slow.

Secondly.....the lights on the speedometer, gas gauge don't work. I obviously checked the fuses, but they all were intact and still no lights.

dont want to overwhelm on my first post so ill end it here....i hope you guys have some suggestions!:iceslolan

J-Ri
02-01-2009, 04:21 PM
The e-brake is most likely just out of adjustment since it works a bit. Pull the drums and turn the adjuster until you feel a slight drag when turning the drum by hand.

If you have some lights, the bulbs are burnt out around those guages. Replace them all if you have to take it apart. If it's got no lights at all, check for power to the dimmer switch and that you have a good ground.

Add your comment to this topic!