Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Envoy - new battery, no fire

bjketels
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Just installed a new battery in my 2003 Envoy and I turn the ignition on and nothing happens (no clicking, lights do not go dim, doesn't attempt to turn over, etc.). It acts like it is in gear but I made sure that it was in park. Ran fine yesterday. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Brad

discnik
01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
All the accessories are working, but the vehicle will not crank, correct ?
The connections are nice and clean ?
Did anything accidently arc ?

Test for battery voltage at the yellow wire comming from the ignition switch.

Check for battery voltage at the large red wire on the starter.

Can you attach a test light to the starter solenoid wire, small purple wire, on the starter and see if it lights when the key is turned to the start position.

Test for battery voltage on the yellow wire comming out of the gear selection, neutral/park, switch. This wire energizes the coil in the starter relay.

In the "Underhood " fuse box check fuses 17 ( 10 amp), 22 ( 10 amp), & 34 ( 40amp).

Hope this helps

bjketels
01-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Correct, all accessories are working but the vehicle will not crank. The connections seem clean and I did not notice if something arced. I will check your other suggestions tonight. Thanks for your help!

brcidd
01-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Any aftermarket alarms, starter cut-outs, etc installed-- these sometimes need to be reset after battery replacement-- If you haven't owned the truck since it was new- you may not even know you have an alarm- some dealers install them on every new vehicle on their lots.....saves them on insurance on their inventory.....

Add your comment to this topic!