Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is It My Turbo ????

mhevo
01-29-2009, 12:08 AM
ive got a evo 3 , just put on a turbo tap , wound it to max (lol) went for a thrash was goen hard then was boosting and jus cut out , now wen turbo kicks in it sounds like its about to stall , even wen i start kar wen setting i needa give it a rev or itl shut off str8 away ??? cn some one tell me whats wrong ,guessing i ***d the turbo but im not sure. dont know alot bout them . cheers

3S Motorsports
02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
ive got a evo 3 , just put on a turbo tap , wound it to max (lol) went for a thrash was goen hard then was boosting and jus cut out , now wen turbo kicks in it sounds like its about to stall , even wen i start kar wen setting i needa give it a rev or itl shut off str8 away ??? cn some one tell me whats wrong ,guessing i ***d the turbo but im not sure. dont know alot bout them . cheers
THere are several reasons. My guess is you are overboosting and you are either hitting fuel cut, or you are getting spark blowout. Make sure you aren't running lean when going into boost, and gap your spark plugs down some more. Also, make sure you put in high octane fuel to prevent detonation
Good luck
-Steve

Add your comment to this topic!