Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Interior Chime and Dome Light issues. Please help

SFelts
01-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Hello
I first searched the threads hoping to find a similar problem before posting.
Please if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
OK here it goes
I just bought a 1995 Blazer 4 door full size.
It had a aftermarket Pioneer Radio and CD player installed but only 2 of the speakers out of 4 was working.
So to track the problem down I took off the dash part, to gain access to the radio.
I only had to unhook the interior dash light dimmer switch,light switch,rear defog and rear wiper on the left side off the dash. And I had to unhook the 4x4 switch. It was very simple and all my radio wiring was good. Which meant I had 2 blown speakers.
So I put back my dash and hooked everything back up as it was.
Then I took off my drivers side door panel and replaced one speaker.
It was getting dark and I wanted to test the one speaker and finish up the next day. So I put the key in and noticed that the Interior Chime came on and will not go off. I also noticed that the overhead dome light was on (with all 4 doors shut) and it also will not cut off.
So I had to unhook my battery that night
Next day I spent all day trying to figure out what is going on.
So here it is.
Overhead and floor light (the light just above you feet up in dash above the brake and gas pedal area) will not cut off at all.
Interior chime, when the key is inserted and even engine running will not cut off. Pull the key out the the chime goes away.
In looking around I did noticed when the key is out of the switch and you push the driving lights on the chime comes on. (not sure if this is normal)
Bottom line overhead and bottom dash light stays on regardless of key in ignition and Interior Chime will not cut off when key is inserted

Is there any chance I fouled something up by taking the dash out and checking my speaker wires?

I have been told maybe its the door jamb switch. If that's the case how do you track down which one?

How in the heck do you get to that switch? I have one door panel off still. Its hard to get too. Would I have to take out the whole Door Latch to get to it?

Any idea's?

Im about to lose my mind Thanks....

SFelts
01-28-2009, 05:57 PM
BTW When taking the door panel off I had to unhook the door lock, power windows and power mirrors.

Add your comment to this topic!