Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

maxwedge asked for new post

notamx
01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
New to this forum due to searching net for answers. Your help would be appreciated as I have been to A. Z. and Dealer and have been given wrong part. 2003 Envoy SLT. Heating control issue. Dual climate control automatic. Blower will not op right. Sometimes it works, wont shut off, speed doesnt match setting, other times there is nothing. I have finally taken off the part I think it is. I am told it may be the "blower speed control relay or the blower motor control processor. Part # is 52495874, carter group 5874. Other number on part is 251946786. Just for description it is black rectangular with 2 pin plug coming off, and a female end on unit with 3 pin. Has 2 aluminum pieces sticking off of it. Would this be a part that would cause the fan to work / not work this way? Thanks for any help all. The part the dealer has shown me looks similar but instead of the 2 aluminum pieces sticking out there is a "wad" of electrical pieces, resistors and such, wrapped in green tape. Thanks again.

cbwilsha
01-28-2009, 01:53 PM
I also have a 2003 Envoy SLT with automatic climate control. I recently had the same problems and the cure was replacement of the Blower Motor Control Module. I have an extended warranty so it cost me nothing but the charge by the Dealer was $114 for the part and $95 labor. The part # was 89018778 and the description was Module 9.169.

The part is located just behind the glove box out in the open.

C.B.

notamx
01-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks for your time and help. I am finding that that is the part. Trying to order from gmdirectparts and they are saying I have to confirm part before I order or it cant be return. What kinda junk is that... anyway. Thanks again for the help.

Add your comment to this topic!