Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'95 Infinity J30 Parking Brake Indicator

voldemort
03-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi
I have a 1995 Infinity J30 with 121k miles. Lately, the parking brake light does not go off even after I pull the parking brake release lever completely. I can feel that the parking brake has released but the light remains on. Can anyone suggest how I can check if the sensor has gone bad and how I would go about repairing this problem.
Thanks

Voldemort

rrj30
05-06-2003, 06:01 PM
The j30 brake system is 2 part, the normal brakes and parking. You should ckeck the parking pads.

kwaskow
06-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Parking pads?? Two braking systems??? not hardly.

The parking brake operates the same set of rear pads as the normal brakes.

There is an adjustable sensor on the brake pedal probably. THis is typical. Also you might try pulling the parking brake pedal upwards slightly by hand to see if the light extinguishes.

boingo82
06-18-2003, 02:07 PM
If the parking brake light stays on until you start going, and your battery light is also on temporarily, it means your alternator is not fully charging the battery anymore. That could be related to your problem.

DavidDock
06-05-2009, 11:06 PM
The Infiniti G37 Coupe is a successor of Infiniti G35, powered by 3.7L V6 VQ37VHR engine which boasts 330 hp power, it was a more powerful engine version compared to the G37Sedan. Transmission is offered in either 6Gmt
manual transmission or automatic transmission.
Inside this manual you will find various useful information regarding Infiniti G37 Coupe’s Specs and Techs, maintenance, repair/service, engine overhaul and also controls and features.

Parking Sensor (http://www.backup-sensor.com)

Speedy_1234
07-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Seems to me the sensor on the back of the parking brake got stuck

swimshark
09-14-2009, 07:39 AM
The braking system is two parts. Mine used to do this and I found out I just had to tug a bit harder on the lever/pedal itself and it would go off. If this isn't the case, I'd pull off your rear rotors and check the pads on the inside along with the inside of the rotor itself and look for grooves where the pads may have been rubbing a lot. Parking brake system only utilizes the rear rotors. The fronts are only used for normal braking.

77i9
04-20-2010, 02:00 AM
The braking system is two parts. Mine used to do this and I found out I just had to tug a bit harder on the lever/pedal itself and it would go off. If this isn't the case, I'd pull off your rear rotors and check the pads on the inside along with the inside of the rotor itself and look for grooves where the pads may have been rubbing a lot. Parking brake system only utilizes the rear rotors. The fronts are only used for normal braking.

the brake pads would have nothing to do with the indication problem. Normally indication problems are associated with switches activated by the brake pedal/lever. Either the switch got stuck or the circuit does not open/close anymore. Find the switch and check it.

canadiantech16
09-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi
I have a 1995 Infinity J30 with 121k miles. Lately, the parking brake light does not go off even after I pull the parking brake release lever completely. I can feel that the parking brake has released but the light remains on. Can anyone suggest how I can check if the sensor has gone bad and how I would go about repairing this problem.
Thanks

Voldemort
chances are that your park brake is seized behind the disc brake rotor is your e brake it's mechanical like a drum brake. that may be seized on you would have to do a full rear brake job including park brake.

77i9
09-12-2010, 06:44 PM
he already stated that he can feel that the brake releases. as I have stated on my recent post, the brake indication switch is normally located by the lever(be it hand lever or foot lever). In time, the switch can get stuck in either the open or close position.

Add your comment to this topic!