Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97' eclipse Exhaust problems!!

JonathanH2286
01-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I have a 1997 mitz Eclipse non turbo. I have replaced the gasket between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe that goes to the flex pipe. I have replaced it about three times with factory spec gaskets twice and made one from header gasket material for a chevy 454. It keeps blowing out and burning up the gaskets is there anything I can do to keep it from hapaning again? other than just keeping an eye on it!

SilvrEclipse
01-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Are the bolts staying tight? If they are loosening up I can see it happening. Also might want to check the flanges for warping. I really doubt they are but its worth checking out.

JonathanH2286
01-29-2009, 05:04 PM
I have checked the them. I have enven check them after I tighten and let the engine get to operating temp and recheck them. the flanges are not worped at all they have a diference of about .0001" on the over all diameter of them. I can't seem to find the leak and or the problem.

Bodack
02-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I have checked the them. I have enven check them after I tighten and let the engine get to operating temp and recheck them. the flanges are not worped at all they have a diference of about .0001" on the over all diameter of them. I can't seem to find the leak and or the problem.

Do they blow out in the same place of the manifold or can you tell?

JonathanH2286
03-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Do they blow out in the same place of the manifold or can you tell?
They blow out at about 1/4" apart but usually are in the same area in the front facing the front bumper.

Add your comment to this topic!