Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help!

truckermike
01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
yes i have a 1993 toyota paseo and it hasnt been run in about two years so for the past two weeks ive been driving it around the neighborhood about once a day and today i checked the oil and it looked fine so then i looked under the oil cap and it had this white stuff built up in the top does anybody know what that is or what thats a sign of?

adobo1234
01-24-2009, 09:12 PM
That happened to my plymoth. The white stuff is an emulsion, which is what you get when oil and water actually DO mix (its possible). I changed my head gasket and it was all better. stopped leaking oil too! I Could be wrong, but it worked for me.

Scrapper
01-24-2009, 09:18 PM
was the anti frezze up to par on with it setting all that time you never drove it? if so it set that time and drawed moister if it don't look milky on the dip stick. only other thing it would crack or blow a head gasket. is it running smooth because anti should be getting on the plugs the plugs then it would miss by the way have you look at plugs since you been driving it? if not put new ones in if you haven't already?

discnik
01-25-2009, 01:00 AM
That is the result of condensation.

If the vehicle is running fine, no white or coolant smelling exhaust, and spark plugs are not coolant fouled, your ok.

truckermike
01-25-2009, 09:52 AM
thanks all you guys for the information

Add your comment to this topic!