Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tank Sender Seal

72GT
01-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum but not to B's.
I've had a problem with my petrol ( gas ) tank and can't remember if you put the rubber ring between the sender unit and the tank, or between the sender and the clamping ring.
The parts book shows the clamp and ring together with the sender unit separate but no clue as to which goes where.
Help.

paul J
01-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum but not to B's.
I've had a problem with my petrol ( gas ) tank and can't remember if you put the rubber ring between the sender unit and the tank, or between the sender and the clamping ring.
The parts book shows the clamp and ring together with the sender unit separate but no clue as to which goes where.
Help.

Sender and tank.

72GT
01-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Thanks.
This is the second time I've replaced the tank, but the last time was 15 yrs ago and the old memory is fading !
Ian

paul J
01-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks.
This is the second time I've replaced the tank, but the last time was 15 yrs ago and the old memory is fading !
Ian

Boy, doesn't that sound familiar. :biggrin:

72GT
01-25-2009, 10:32 AM
The other problem is that in the past I could easily slide under the car now I can only just about fit.
I think they are making Axle stands shorter now days.
Once I'm on the floor I don't really want to get up again, makes for organised tool placement though.

Seal fitted as suggested, no leaks.
Thanks.
Ian

Add your comment to this topic!