Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 s10 ZR2 leveling kit

Christoferlee
01-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Hey guys I've got a 2000 ZR2 S10 Pickup. I'm kinda getting sick of the forward stance that it has, and was wondering if anyone makes leveling kits to bring the front end up. I've been looking around but I can't seem to find a good website that sells them. If you know a site that will point me in the right direction, that would be much help to me!

Christoferlee
01-24-2009, 02:55 AM
I just realized that I posted on the wrong part of the forums, if it could be moved, it would be much appreciated.

I was also just thinking about a prerunner kit. If you guys know anything about those for my truck, please share you knowledge!

Thanks in advance for the help!

ZL1power69
01-26-2009, 12:25 AM
All you need to do is crank the torsion bars a bit to bring the front end up. If you look at the rear of the torsion bar there is an adjustment bolt on each side next to the torsion bar "key". Just don't crank the bars more than an inch or so as the front end parts and the torsion bars themselves will weaken faster.

old_master
02-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Check the front ride height and adjust the torsion bars if/as necessary. If even the slightest adjustment is made to a torsion bar, the front end must be aligned. Adjusting ride height causes a substantial weight shift which will affect camber and toe, both of which affect tire wear.

djd99
02-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Check the front ride height and adjust the torsion bars if/as necessary. If even the slightest adjustment is made to a torsion bar, the front end must be aligned. Adjusting ride height causes a substantial weight shift which will affect camber and toe, both of which affect tire wear.

As oldMaster has said if you raise up your torsion bars to equal out your ride height you have to take it in for a wheel alignment. I think the best solution would be to take it to the alignment shop and tell them to raise the front up as much as possible to level out your truck. Sometimes on these trucks you can only go so far before you start to wear out other parts so that's why it's best to have the shop do it. It's only about 40 bucks unless your truck needs more attention ie like ball joints or tie rods.....That sorta thing

old_master
02-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I agree, let a professional do it. Ride height must be checked/adjusted on a perfectly level surface, such as an alignment rack. If front ride height is not within factory specs, it WILL cause premature failure to all 4 CV joints, all 4 ball joints, and to both of the outer tie rod ends.

Add your comment to this topic!