E10 gas

HV2JEEP
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
anyone having trouble running e10 gas in their v10? I have noticed a hesitation when accelerating. Also have had to replace a fuel injector. All this since the state mandated the change to have gas at the pump to be 10% ethanol. My VW is doing a similar thing and my wife noticed a mpg drop. Why do they add this crap? The only remotely good reason is oil independence but at what cost. People are having their vehicles damaged by this crap. I hear it does awful things to 2 stroke engines also. A lot of people are blowing up their snowmobiles.

catback23
01-23-2009, 05:28 PM
anyone having trouble running e10 gas in their v10? I have noticed a hesitation when accelerating. Also have had to replace a fuel injector. All this since the state mandated the change to have gas at the pump to be 10% ethanol. My VW is doing a similar thing and my wife noticed a mpg drop. Why do they add this crap? The only remotely good reason is oil independence but at what cost. People are having their vehicles damaged by this crap. I hear it does awful things to 2 stroke engines also. A lot of people are blowing up their snowmobiles.

Where do you live? we've had blended gas for decades now over here, everything runs smooth.

crazys182003
01-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Here in PA we have had it for awhile (I'm only 24 and always knew of it). WE don't have any problems around here with it.

Add your comment to this topic!