Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 B3000 Clutch has no pressure

facelesshero
01-21-2009, 03:06 PM
:runaround: :runaround: :runaround: I'm really hoping someone can help me. I bought my Mazda truck about 2 and a half years ago, and recently came across a problem with my clutch.

It started by not letting me get in to/out of gear while driving, but if I pumped my clutch a time or two it would go back to normal. I recently moved from Florida to Arkansas, and I don't know if the cold could effect it or not, but it seems worse when it's cold, but it could be just because it's been cold since I moved here. Anyways, I have a new clutch... about a year or two old... but it randomly looses pressure till maybe the last inch or two down to the floor, wich makes for a jerky ride. I had my uncle who is fairly mechanically inclined, bleed the fluid making sure there is no air stuck in the line, wich didn't help.

I keep having to check the fluid which will stay full for maybe a week or sometimes two, but all the sudden the fluid level will drop significantly... I read something about a master or sslave cylinder. Could thoes be the problem? And if so is there any way I can check them? It's happens so randomly, and usually (until today) if I turn off my truck and turn it back on it would fix the problem temporarily, but all day so far it's had no pressure.

I wish I could explain it more or better, but I am mechanically illiterate.

Any reply is appreciated!

facelesshero
01-26-2009, 09:47 AM
So I know I posted this message, however I talked to my brother-in-law (he's a mechanic) and he kinda helped me out, so I figured I would share incase anyone else has the same problem...

He said more than likely it's the slave cylinder. he said that under the truck on the driver side if you look you should see it down there, and it has a "boot" on it. If you pull off the boot and there is brake fluid (it's used as clutch fluid) that is deffinately the issue. If not, check the master cylinder. It's on the firewall (what is in between the cab and the motor) and check that for leaking. You also might want to check the hoses, however it is so rare that the hose leaks.

He said that the slave and master cylinders really aren't that expensive, so I plan on getting the part myself and having my boyfriend help me fix it.

Good luck!

facelesshero
01-30-2009, 08:00 PM
I hope this helpes someone. By the way I did the job today, and about four and a half hours and 90 dollars later, it's done and works well. It's deffinately worth doing yourself, however it does get a little tricky.

Add your comment to this topic!