Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

CALIBRATE message in DIC

nks101
01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
"CALIBRATE" is appearing in the DIC (drivers information center). Any ideas what this means and what action needs to be taken?

brcidd
01-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Your compass probably needs calibrating

Before calibrating the compass, drive the vehicle to an open area that is magnetically clean or free of large metallic objects such as high tension power lines or large steel buildings. Verify there are no magnetized roof antennas, magnets on or hanging from the mirror or any other magnetized objects on the inside or outside of the vehicle close to the mirror.

Start the engine.
Important: Before calibrating the compass, make sure the mirror has the correct zone number. Refer to Compass Magnetic Variation Adjustment.

Press and hold the switch for the compass, which may be depicted as COMP, COMPASS, or on/off (w/UE1) depending on the type of mirror on the vehicle, until the letter "C" or "CAL" is displayed.
Drive the vehicle in circles at a speed of less than 8 km/h (5 mph) until the "C" or "CAL" is replaced by a proper vehicle heading. The calibration procedure is now complete

nks101
01-22-2009, 01:53 PM
My car is not equipped with a compass. Any other ideas?

grfnkl
01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
I've never heard of the "Calibrate" message on the DIC. I don't recall the owners manual ever stating such a thing either. Hmmmm. What year and model G6 do you have?

EDIT* ok after doing some searching on a G6 board i found that the "Calibrate" message has to do with the radio and the computer of the car. Some people have recieved this message after upgrading their radio or after adding steering wheel controls. More then likely you will need to have a mechanic/stealership plug into the computer with a tech2 to see what's going on. probably a simple reprogram. I hope this helps out a little.

Add your comment to this topic!