Page updated on 11-18-2017

99 tahoe tranny tcc

captaintahoe
01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
After passing 35 mph and at a steady speed the torque CC locks and unlocks . some times there is a loud base noise that sounds like a sub woffer coming from the tranny.Some time it locks and unlocks and some times it runs smooth. Is the TCC solinoid weak? Dan

j cAT
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM
After passing 35 mph and at a steady speed the torque CC locks and unlocks . some times there is a loud base noise that sounds like a sub woffer coming from the tranny.Some time it locks and unlocks and some times it runs smooth. Is the TCC solinoid weak? Dan

when was the last time you changed the transmission fluid???what is the condition of fluid ?? TCC locks up around 40mph...

use the new GM approved fluid , dexronVI transmission fluid ,,,the dexron III is not recommended..

GM got too many vehicles back to repair,,, because the dexron III is not up to spec for the transmission...

captaintahoe
01-20-2009, 08:25 PM
when was the last time you changed the transmission fluid???what is the condition of fluid ?? TCC locks up around 40mph...

use the new GM approved fluid , dexronVI transmission fluid ,,,the dexron III is not recommended..

GM got too many vehicles back to repair,,, because the dexron III is not up to spec for the transmission...

I change the fluid 5,000 miles ago. But my son had a 5,0000watt ampsubwuffer in the car before and may have burned up some thing. Had to replace the ignition swith and turn signal switch. I will change the fluid to Dextron IV.

captaintahoe
01-20-2009, 08:26 PM

I change the fluid 5,000 miles ago. But my son had a 5,0000watt ampsubwuffer in the car before and may have burned up some thing. Had to replace the ignition swith and turn signal switch. I will change the fluid to Dextron IV.

Add your comment to this topic!