1990 TSI Talon

JustBoost
01-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Hello im Really Stuck i have a 90 Talon TSI and i dont know whats wrong with it i took it to a Mechanic and he told me to change the ecu, coil, and fuel pump. ok so i go out and buy new ones put them in and the car still wont start. ok thats the story

this is what happens when i put the key in and turn it.
the boost gadage does not turn on the car wont turn on......
BUT when the boost gadage does turn on the car will TURN ON WOOT..
but sad cause the problem:mad:

thx

Blackcrow64
01-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Pretty hard to diagnose a problem like that with just that info. Is there any back story to when this problem began happening? Is it all the time or just sometimes? What differences do you notice when it does or does not start? Cold weather, warm weather, etc. When it does run, does it run normal or does it stutter and blow smoke? The more details you provide, the better we can help try to diagnose the problem. Personally, I would not have started with the ECU, fuel pump and coil pack. All are very expensive items to replace and usually less common problems than simple things like a bad MAF sensor or a bad ignition module.

tfoti
01-18-2009, 10:09 AM
The boost gauge is controlled by the ECU. If it doesn't go to zero with the key in the start position then that would point to the ECU. The Check engine light will also come on for a short period of time with the key in the ON position.

I had the same thing happen to me a couple years back and a new ECU fixed it. Sometimes the gauge would go to '0' and when it did the car would run for a few seconds. If you replaced it, maybe you have a broken wire somewhere that makes an intermittent connection.

tfoti
01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Also, make sure you replace the ECU with another 1990 model. The other years are interchangeable, 90 is not.

Add your comment to this topic!