Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

R&R 1957 Nomad resin body

Khier
01-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Hello,

I have recently bought this body with an old Revell 57' Nomad kit from Ebay. A quick check revealed that the resin body was not meant for that kit. Before I start a new putty-styrene adventure I wanted to ask if anyone knows for sure which AMT kit would go with this body, the old tool or the new one.

Thanks

Ferrari TR
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh, that was you.
I just wanted the revell kit not the resin. I'm not sure which amt nomad would be best, if you mean sedan then the early one.

Khier
01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
I would gladly give you the kit. The problem it arrived in pieces.
Those early Revell kits were too fragile because of opening doors, tail gate and hood. I did not mean an AMT nomad as donor. I thought of one of the hardtops.

Ferrari TR
01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Sorry for any misunderstanding. I'm happy you won the kit. I am fairly sure that the early belair is meant to be the donor for the resin body.
I'm sorry to say i don't have a whole one or i'd be happy to swap it for the revell. I didn't use all of mine, but enough that it would likely be useless for your build.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/502/73480Back017-med.JPG

Khier
01-15-2009, 06:07 AM
Sorry for any misunderstanding. I'm happy you won the kit.

No misunderstandings involved. I really meant it. I would pass the kit to a fellow forum colleague.

Add your comment to this topic!