Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Loud vibration from front of car

super_man_736
01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
There is a loud vibration coming from the front of my 96 cavalier i alredy replaced the wheel hub and there is still the loud vibration somebody please tell me what could be wrong

mgty3whlr
01-08-2009, 06:51 PM
it could be the wrong side (hub bearing) that you replaced?
when is the vib. happening?
When you are just driving at slow speeds? 55 m.p.h.?
It could be a bad tire...poss.

Toki91
01-08-2009, 07:07 PM
the dashboard on my 97 cavalier rattles when accelerating because of a crack in it, so i just stuffed a bandana imbetween the dash and the windsheild and that fixed the problem

super_man_736
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
It does it at about 45 mph and i just got new tires like a month ago

r1bourg
01-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Check your engine mounts.If they are broke it can put stress on you cv joint and wheel bearing. (noise)
Also check the link pins. If the rubbers are wore out or the bolt rusted out and broke off your stabilizer bar will be very loose. The link pin can then move up a quarter inch or so and rub on the cv joint shaft.
I just went through changing all this junk last month.(outter bearings,cv assembly,link pins on both sides.)
If your tire lost the lead balance weights this will also give vibration.(out of balance). Hitting pot holes can speed up these sorts problems.

Ryan066
01-10-2009, 08:47 AM
make sure the wheels arnt falling off.. seeing as how you just got tires put on.. but id bet its also the other wheel bearing gone causing the noise..

your vibration is probably the people didnt balance them up properly.

drive down the highway and steer to the right.. if the noise changes your Left wheel bearing is bad.
drive down the highway and steer to the left.. if the noise changes your right wheel bearing is bad.
but the better way to check bearings is to lift the right and spin it up around 60-70 km/h and use a stethascope on the knuckles to listen.

drive on different pavement to eliminate tires as a possible noise.. if the noise changes with different road type then u know its your tires... note if they are winter tires then winter tires are normally noisey.

Add your comment to this topic!