Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

3.8 supercharger and another question

gmfan88
01-07-2009, 11:27 PM
well i just bought my regal custom for 400:biggrin: bucks and got me to and from raliegh and charolette n.c. from maryland(dc) "6.5 to 8hr drive" two times with no problem.. but anyways i was wondering if a supercharger from another 3.8 buick or gm would work on my regal im thinking it will with a few internal engine work but trying to get a more professional answer..also i periodically smell a nacho chip type smell coming from the trunk and or passenger rear brake area now the rotors are warped but it doesnt smell like brakes..i might right i might be wrong and the abs light comes on every once and a while after that i feel a lag in the acceleration of the car and it doesnt have anything to do with the nacho chip smell once again i could be wrong..so if anyone could let me know something on those two topics i would appreciate that thanks....

richtazz
01-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Welcome to AF.

Trying to put a supercharger on your car is much more involved than just swapping the intakes. The supercharged engines have different cylinder heads, lower static compression (to reduce detonation at boost) and many other differences. You didn't specify what year your car is, but prior to 97, they didn't offer a Regal with a Supercharged engine, so trying to find a correct ECM PROM, wiring harness, etc... will be next to impossible.

Add your comment to this topic!