Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 JGC 5.2L Very odd brake problem

samtheman77
01-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I am almost embarassed to ask this. I replaced my CV axles and put everything back together until i went to put the drivers brake caliper on. I tried and tried and when I try to thread the bolt through the sleeve they go in and being threading and just keep turning. When I pull the caliper off and thread the bolts into the holes its fine, it screws in tight. When the caliper is back on it just keeps turning and wont tighten. I changed the sleeves and the bolts still no luck. THis is going to drive me to drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been working at is for a few hours.

Some thoughts please:banghead:

dksob81
01-08-2009, 06:13 AM
is the bolts threading into the slide, are you sure you have it aligned with the hole? soemtimes you got to fiddle with the caliper to get it to actually start.

samtheman77
01-08-2009, 08:30 AM
When i push the bolt through it goes through the slider in the caliper and into the threads of the knuckle, i begin to turn it and it is threading through but never tightens. I can even push the caliper back and it will come right out of the threads with the caliper in place. It threads firm when the caliper is not there.

I think i must be going crazy. I am careful to watch where its going and it looks good and straight. I will try again tonight, but slowly losing my find over a very stupid little problems, the other caliper is fine!!

pkucan
01-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Have you checked the beginning threads on the caliper? You may have to push that bolt as far into the caliper as possible in order to catch a good thread. Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!