Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Chrysler Sebring LXI 2002 coupe, question about motor

WxxExxS
01-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Ever since 3 months ago, my car(automatic btw) has been running a lot tougher. By tougher this is what I mean:
-While the car is in D (drive), and I am holding the brake down at a red light, the front panel starts to shake. The shaking sounds like it is coming from the motor, which is also louder since 3 months ago. Also while I am holding down the brake at a red light, the temperature gauge rises from normal (half way) to about 3/4 of the gauge. Now while the car is still in D and the car is moving, the shaking goes away, the loud motor noise goes away, and the temperature returns to normal. There is also strange noises that are made while coming to a stop, sounds like something stuck in a fan and liquid moving in a canister noises.

I just got the brakes replaced last month as well as an oil change.

Could someone please list all possible problems that could cause these ailments?

Thanks.

Scrapper
01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
did this do that before you had it worked on or after they worked on it? if it starting doing it after you need to take it back and make them fix it right. the way i'm thinking it's running hot is the noise you hear gurgling like?

Choosen313
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
2003 Sebring, Lxi Convert... Ok The Temp Outside Dropped To 32 With Rain.. It's 5:30 Dark And I'm Getting Off Work.... Engine Light On The Dash Comes On And I Get No , Did I Say No, I Get No Heat... Blower Is Working.. Themostat Was Replaced In April..... Car Running Fine.... Confused.... Car Just Turned 61,000 Miles.

WxxExxS
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
The problems developed before I got the brakes fixed as well as the oil change.

bpolley
01-11-2009, 10:06 PM
I say the thermostat is causing your heat problem. You are running to hot and it is most likely stuck partially open. As far as shaking, look at the motor mounts. Possible that some of the rubber is broke. Brakes will have nothing to do with this.

Add your comment to this topic!