Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Zero or createx paints?

Lexus220
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
i own already tamiya's x and ts paints, but have seen some good sets on createx range and good prices. but heard in posts that zero are very good for AB but more expensive

i just want them for the body really, i;d use my tamiya ones for parts

for which one's should i go?

Julian:loser:

MPWR
01-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Zero paints are good only for painting car bodies.

For other tasks (painting engines, interiors, suspension, etc) it is best to use something else. Tamiya acrylic is terrific for this.

Createx paint is great for airbrushing tshirts, but I find it does not behave well for modeling. I use it occasionally, but not on models.

Lexus220
01-03-2009, 12:36 PM
thanks.

i might buy some zero paints for bodies from Hiroboy and thinking of getting some good metallic paints

And hoping to find a kit of my lexus 220d or maybe the 250 or 350

Julian

stevenoble
01-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I would agree that the Zero paints really are the best for all body painting needs.I do sometimes use other Zero paints for other tasks such as the rubber black for around window frames, semi gloss black, pure white etc for general purpose things they all come in handy and have their uses.
For most all other painting I use Tamiya acrylics and enamels and also Vallejo acrylics.

Decs0105
01-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Zero paints are good only for painting car bodies.

I have to disagree on that :evillol: The semi gloss black is awesome and perfect for suspension parts! I don't want to use anything else...

MPWR
01-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Yes, I meant to say intended for car bodies.

POPSICLE_PETE
01-05-2009, 12:27 AM
The only thing that createx has ever given me is grief. If I am not mistaken, they are the same formula as Faskolor, which is intended for the inside of RC car bodies. They do not seem to mix with any type of thinner I've tried to mix with them, whether it's alcohol or distilled water. Opaque white is especially horrific and will solidify in the cup into clumps. I only use them for airbrushing murals. If you have to use craft paint, use Golden instead. Their transparent shading grey might be usefull for replicating certain weathering effects or tinting windows.

Lexus220
01-05-2009, 03:06 AM
i think i'd then keep with my tamiya x paints and maybe decant lots of Tamiya TS cans i have.

And buy basic black and white from zero and look for good colours for my Kits

i have the :

Tamiya Evo 7 (red Rallyart)
Fujimi Impreza Wrx Sti (GT-W wing)
Revell F1 Ferrari 2005
Revell F1 Mclaren (Kimi Raikonen)

Add your comment to this topic!