Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

So many problems, so little money, no repairman !

nowuwant2nome
01-01-2009, 06:40 AM
I have a 1997 Aurora and when it is working properly, what a smooth ride. 140,000 miles.

However in the last 7 months I paid for a new starter, low pressure light constantly beeped, low coolant light stayed on. So I had a new radiator put in along with a fuel pump, water pump, and thermostat and oil change.There was also gooky stuff where you put coolant in. And a big oil leak. The low pressure beep stopped but the low coolant light never went off. Throughout the summer I filled it regular with coolant or water.

Here's the problem now...the low coolant light stays on but the car doesnt get hot, the gooky stuff is returning, my driveway looks like I could rollerblade in oil and antifreeze. There is a rough noise (almost as if I am dragging something under the front end (drivers side) and the noise is so loud people stare. Its as if metal is against metal. It makes this noise from the time I pull out of the driveway until I return. I can hear it even if I blast the radio. The dragging noise is the worse. It feels as if something is about to fall to the ground.

I was wondering if the ball bearing (joint) may have gone out and is causing brake problems. The anti lock brake light stays on and so does the traction light, along with low coolant light and change oil now light. Occassionally the check engine light comes on.

On repair man said I had a blown head gasket and it would cost 5000 to repair that alone.

Sometimes it smells of burning gas, oil or coolant and has backfired a few times.

Thinking- I trash it and put the money into something else. I dont have this type of money to pay then something else goes wrong.

The repairman wants to charge 600 for the ball bearing and another 400 for brakes !!

And I still have the oil leak, gooky coolant, head gasket problem, no heat, no air conditioning.

Because of the Northstar enegine, no one in my small town wants to touch it. I know its a hot car (LOL) but come on, no repairman willing to give it a chance.

Too much work they say !

Am I right to trash it with all these problems and invest in something else, or is there a smaller problem I am overlooking that will repair all.

Guess I am looking for the magic potion !

Add your comment to this topic!