Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

newbee mouthing off

skillzcal
03-21-2003, 01:38 PM
now admittedly i probley have no right talking bout this but i just have to. this could take a while so bare with me

i'm new to imports in the fact that i just actually bought a 98 civic as my project car i drive a volvo but i've been into the scene since 94 when i saw an integra

now i've read alot about what yall call "ricers" and would like to shine a light on that

first off if any one is buying and moding imports for any other reason that it's a passion or a least a serious hobby then your a rice.

but just because some one does visual mods and no performance doesn't mean their rice

for one styling is just a big part of imports as power, why do you think they have car shows, i posted this thread because i hate people with wrong views

i think beinning a ricer is the same as a poser and being an MC and big hiphop head i run into a lot of those, yall know white boys mexicans even blacks that see the commercial lifestyle and copy that withou any regard to the roots

on my project i'll only be doing body,interior and sound mods only because i don't want to send all those man hours pluse money to go race it and crash sorry pluse i don't care to much for racing

so in closing the only ricers out there are fred drust acting, eminem looking [no disrespect i love that nigga and think his one of the illest lryicts ever...yeah ever ] fagots that only do mods so they can get the girls attention with no real love for this SHIT

DAMMIT FUCKING PISSES ME OFF ANY WAYS I DONE PEACE YALL AND STAY TRUE TO THE LIFESTYLE

Vtec
03-23-2003, 05:42 PM
Sounds to me like your a ricer yourself and can't take people telling you that. Sorry but anybody that buys an import just to put on a huge ass spoiler bunch of ugly ass stickers etc. etc. and then goes out on the streets thinking his shit is the f&f and can kill anybody is a damn ricer ,and gives us who are into it for what it is a bad name. So if you can't handle the term ricer then your driving the wrong car. Go buy a suv and hang out on there websites.:finger: have a nice day.

1SlowAccord
03-24-2003, 11:39 PM
i agree with a couple of his points though. He said he was not into racing, so he probably won't be throwing revs at every stop light. He just wants his car to look and sound nice, not be fast. He will probably not be throwing tons of stickers on his car to make it look fast. Ricers are people that make their car look fast and then go throwing revs at everyone, talking shit about how their car is soooo fast but have really done nothing to the car to make it fast. Just don't go too crazy with the exterior. You don't need a big spoiler and huge body kit. Just keep it clean and you shouldnt get too many "ricer" comments. Just my $.02

97civiclx
04-15-2003, 05:30 PM
im down wth that two cents and if you need any company jacking a camel i am down wth that two:bandit:

91civicDXdude
05-05-2003, 01:51 PM
exterior mods without engine mods ARE rice. think about the old domestic days...

Nobody built a car that just "looked" fast or else they'd get laughed off the block. the ones with the slow cars knew their place, which was as far away from the fast cars as possible. Making your car "look" like it drives 150mph and its totally stock engine is rice. If you want to be a sissy and make "a show car, its not supposed to go fast" then keep it on a trailer and dont drive it around.

or, you could buy a geo metro. since its about as fast as you want your "FAST AND FURIOUS ALTEZZA 10' WING 20" WHEELS SHOWCAR@#$@#$@#" to be.

PWMAN
05-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 91civicDXdude
exterior mods without engine mods ARE rice. think about the old domestic days...

Nobody built a car that just "looked" fast or else they'd get laughed off the block. the ones with the slow cars knew their place, which was as far away from the fast cars as possible. Making your car "look" like it drives 150mph and its totally stock engine is rice. If you want to be a sissy and make "a show car, its not supposed to go fast" then keep it on a trailer and dont drive it around.

or, you could buy a geo metro. since its about as fast as you want your "FAST AND FURIOUS ALTEZZA 10' WING 20" WHEELS SHOWCAR@#$@#$@#" to be.

Wow, couldn't have said it better myself. I agree 110%. There are a lot of ricers around here. Mostly with civics, and it's always the punk kids that can't drive for ****. I beat most of them in my stock 2000 integra LS, and I mean stock - not even intake.

superbluecivicsi
05-05-2003, 11:51 PM
if you modin ur import with aftermarket stuff i dont kare if its a big azz spoiler or big azz turbo ur a rice. u could be black rice, mexican rice, asian sticky rice, or white rice( i like my rice steamed though). ur a rice on my list. watever you got against being a ricer:flipa: my mods arent for looks, its to eat up v8s whereever they go. :sun:

cpacheco
05-20-2003, 04:27 AM
Naw man there is a way to hook up a car without making it ricey. You can simply keep the body clean no stickers, Very nice rims and tires, hooked up and lowered suspension, nice not overdone spoilers, and a nice audio video install and I would see anything rice about it. Why becasue He aint frontin with NAWWWS stickers or racing alloys with all kinds of useless guages on the dash. The purpose wouldnt be to front on a performance level but on a show level . In other words To BREAK NECKS when you roll by . Grab peoples attention and make the honey s look at the shiny preatty expensive car as it cruises slowly by in traffic. Mean while ricer in front would be revving his fart can 15-20 times in the traffic jam and swithcing lanes every 30 seconds cutting cars to try to get ahead of ????? Show cars purpose is just to look sexy and to ride comfortably as hell to your destination with style and pizzaz.

AirAllen01
05-20-2003, 09:15 AM
I'm with cpacheco, you can make a nice looking car and not be a ricer. Anyone who has the gauges, the nos, and all that other racing crap in a little 4 cylinder car is a ricer. But I know plenty of people who have import cars that look sweet as hell, but they don't go out tryin to race every car there is. As for PWMAN, you racing around in your "stock" Integra LS is what ricers do. You my friend are a ricer. An "Import enthusiast" is guess you might call them, is just someone who wants a car that they cruise by and watch people turn their heads to look at them. An awesome paint job, 17-18 inch rims, a spoiler (I'm not into the mile high wings myself, but a mid window or lower spoiler or wing doesn't look bad), and a nice body kit along with interior to match is good enough, and that's not ricer.

Strider Negro
05-20-2003, 09:29 AM
I really don't see the point in putting a lot of stickers on your car, and than try to be as fast as a freaking F and F cars. Whatever happened to the old "sleeper effect"? You know, your just cruising minding your own business and some dude revs on you, in response you just laugh, floor it and create for him a new a$$hole. That my friends is very rare nowadays thanks to all the ricers...

AirAllen01
05-20-2003, 09:46 AM
You're right about the stickers, there is no need for that many. Some stickers though make some cars look nice. I believe in the good ole paint job. Looks nice, and people think you're only for show, so you still have a little element of suprise, but not much.

abstract821
07-04-2003, 09:01 AM
JESUS!! I am so sick of everyone that has 40 grand to throw into a honda being not a "ricer" and hardworking people like myself who just try to do what they can one step at a time being called a "ricer" Who came up with that shit anyways?? I'm sorry mommy and daddy didn't give me a shitload of loot to throw into my car for me. And if you got so much money to throw into a HONDA, why get a honda in the first place?? All ya'll bitches just do your own thing and quit worrying about everyone else. I thought we were all supposed to be on the same side here anyways. You guys sound like the muscle head mustang click. Jarheads!! So let me get this straight, if i don't swap my engine, mod every little thing out, and try to race and destroy my car, i'm a ricer?? Ok then cool with me. But at least i have a car i'm proud of and i don't try to act like vin diesel. Oh, and by the way, i'm a "hip hop head" so what??? Something wrong with listening to hip hop now?? GOD, i must have not gotten my newsletter on what is in this week. Quit your bitchin and go listen to your Limp Bizkit CD....

PWMAN
07-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by abstract821
So let me get this straight, if i don't swap my engine, mod every little thing out, and try to race and destroy my car, i'm a ricer??

Not necessarily swap the engine, but a ricer will do all external and interior mods, the do exhaust and intake and think he is the fastest car around. I would say anybody that goes out and ''tries'' to destroy their car in a race is a ricer.

Redchev
07-07-2003, 09:12 PM
I know, i don't belong on page. But i was browsing through and noticed that some of you guys have some good points. I too see these jackasses driving around my town with their wal-mart primered rice burners thinking they are the shit, and i'd like to drag em outa their car and beat the hell out of em. I personally don't like "rice burners" but I do have family members that drive em, and i gotta admit they aren't bad cars, and I don't consider them "rice burners" unless you spend your $ on gay stickers, spray paint, and 100$ worth of wally world stereo shit. I mean they could atleast use masking tape w/their spray paint to make it look decent. But then they strap on a 3 ft. wing, and a god damn trash can muffler and think they are bad-ass. But the truth is, half of em don't even know how an engine fucking works! all they know are a few auto terms like "twin turbo" "NOS" and "cold air intake". I hear em saying all the time (ya i'm gonna put a twin turbo on my car) I just laugh. The dumbasses can't even use spray paint correctly, what make em think they can install movable parts? I am an American car man myself, I build cars and do bodywork. And I also spend my money on REAL paint and spray it with a REAL spray gun, I actually measure my backspacing so that my wheels don't stick out of the wells and look retarded, and I make my cars look nice. But what pisses my off is when I drive to the gas station and have ricers reving there engines at me and acting all tough. Well that's long enough, just my 3 cents!

David Kang
07-22-2003, 07:27 PM
Hey guys. All of you guys have very good points. But can I ask everyone a question. I have a Honda S2000 that have few stickers in the side of my doors. To name a few they are AEM, Greddy, Toyama, and Blitz. The question is, does these stickers make me a ricer??? Also to the guys out there who are ricers (People with no engine mods) I think its ok to be a ricer. Who cares what other people say about your ride, its your ride and nothing is going to change that. If you juss want exterior work to be done on your car then thats fine. If all you want is sound systems, that great. You guys keep doing what you guys want to do and don't pay attention to all the haters out there. Well latez!

Jas_M
08-04-2003, 01:42 AM
Why even bother putting stickers on a car? I mean, what's the point? Why not bust out a box of crayolas and draw some cute little trees and a sun on the trunk too? And while we're at it, let's get out some fingerpaint and put some swirlies on the rims? Yayyyyyy :rolleyes:

hockeycivic99
08-20-2003, 05:48 PM
people that put stickers on their car get "speed parts" for free. they said they will advertise for a company for free shit. LOL :loser:
I think having stickers on a car is stupid. I also think people to lazy to take off their dealership license plate frame suck 2. Just my :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!