screenplay

wrider
12-30-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm coming to the auto experts for some help on a screenplay. I've had some success with my screenplays in national and international contests. I'm now doing some revisions on one that I would like to get pushed out there into the real world. To spice it up, I'm adding a street race. I want to make it believable, so that's why I'm here, hoping somebody can tell me how to do that.

My guy has a Corvette, early 80s. He's up against a gangster sort who has lots of experience with street racing. Vette guy has someone with some knowledge helping him out. He won't have access to his car until right before the race, so his helper will have only a few minutes to do something to it to really juice it up and give him some kind of chance. What would he do?

I really appreciate anything you can tell me. Brenda

CassiesMan
12-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Cut the fuel lines on the bad guy's car. Slash the bad guy's tires. Shoot said bad guy.

Or, have the Corvette turbocharged, so the "real quick right before the race thing" is the mechanic reaching in and turning up the boost.

Nothing you can really do in "a few minutes" that will seriously change the outcome of the race... unless its two equal stock cars with equal drivers , and one driver takes a dremel to his intake box and a sawzall to his exhuast.

AMGalltheway
01-01-2009, 09:46 AM
maybe Nitrous but that take longer than a few minutes to install

MZR_47
01-02-2009, 12:39 AM
back the vette out of the garage and replace it with a GTR.

-The Stig-
01-04-2009, 06:11 AM
You're not going to win many races with a barely 200hp 5.7L V8 engine in an overweight C3 Corvette if we're talking early 80's. Even a C4 Chassis with a Tuneport 350 with 250 or so horsepower on a good day will be hard pressed to do much.

Might want to start off with something a little better, or be prepaired to write more time into the script and say the engine gets rebuilt 'hi-performance parts'. Basically anything out of a Jegs or Summit Racing catalogue would be nice.

Better yet, do a 'montage' on a motor swap. LS1 engine out of say... a 1999 Corvette found in a Junkyard. Montage that bitch into the script, take something that would usually take 3-4 days down into 2-3 minutes worth of some sweet rock song, preferably something from Journey, Foriegner or Styx... and you've got it.

H23A1Lude
01-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Switch it with a ZR1. But they're kind of expensive :P

CassiesMan
01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Better yet, do a 'montage' on a motor swap. LS1 engine out of say... a 1999 Corvette found in a Junkyard. Montage that bitch into the script, take something that would usually take 3-4 days down into 2-3 minutes worth of some sweet rock song, preferably something from Journey, Foriegner or Styx... and you've got it.

"I'm sailing awaaaaaaaay"...

You could also use The Cult. They can do some good 80s montage rock.

lightbalt
01-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Or, have the Corvette turbocharged, so the "real quick right before the race thing" is the mechanic reaching in and turning up the boost.

or procharged, then put your gansta in the Evo IX......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6e_zcp-W2g&feature=related

have the knowledgeble guy hook a lap top and tweak the tune for the days conditions to give him some extra umph...

CassiesMan
01-06-2009, 04:14 PM
It sounds like what you need to do is hire an automotive consultant to work on your film. I will gladly offer up my services for $750 a day...

-The Stig-
01-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I'll do it for half.

:lol:

CassiesMan
01-07-2009, 09:31 AM
I'll do it for half.

:lol:

Kiss my ass, you have job security...

Add your comment to this topic!