Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

84 t type regal worth buying?

birar
12-29-2008, 11:16 PM
my cousin has a 84 t type regal we had it running bout a year a go it didnt run well it needed injectors he bought the injectors but never got around to putting them in the car also needs body work the frame and engine are clean but the floors r gone is it worth it for me to buy for $500 as a project?

maxwedge
12-30-2008, 09:09 AM
No one can really answer this from here, paint, general drivetrain condition, what are your goals for the finished car are all questions that enter the mix, for some maybe others no.

birar
12-30-2008, 05:04 PM
the body is pretty rough the engine and trans are relatively fresh i was told and the turbo has fresh guts more less the body is going to be more of the issue than anything, i figured the drive train was worth that but it is a project but yeah ik wat ya mean its only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it i was just thinken bout getting it running and welding some floors in and driveing it and have some fun with it

maxwedge
12-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Your decision.

'97ventureowner
12-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Sounds like the kind of projects I got into 20 years ago :lol: If you know what the car needs and have the budget, including time commitment, then a project like that could be worthwhile, in that you will also gain a lot of knowledge about these vehicles. Floors aren't that bad to install, especially if you aren't a perfectionist. There are a lot of aftermarket parts, as well as used parts available for these G- bodied cars. A major issue with these cars that can render them not worth fixing is the rear frame rails. On these vehicles they tend to rot out fairly easy. Keeping that area clean can slow down any rust damage. Having a project car like this can be a fun, educational project, and you can be proud of your accomplishments when you turn the key and drive it down the road for the first time.

birar
12-30-2008, 11:37 PM
i will have to check out the rear frame rails but i was under there bout a yr ago repairing a ruptured rubber fuel line and nothing like that caught my eye but im not worryed bout the body work and welding in a floor im a fairly skilled welder and ive been welding alot of sheet metal at my job thanks for ur imput i appreciate it

Add your comment to this topic!