need help 73 olds 98

12-29-2008, 01:39 PM
trying to help a friend,he has a 1973 oldsmobile 98 he's looking for a pitman arm,does anyone know where he can get one.
i've searched but the only thing i can find is an idler arm i'm wondering if this is the same? any help appreciated.

12-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Two different parts, Check with Kanter, 800 526 1096, they may be able to get it rebiult, check Napa and

Scraped Knuckles
01-29-2009, 12:51 AM
You'll be surprised how many models and years GM parts fit. You can take the steering box, pitman arm and any other front steering or suspension part from a large rear wheel drive GM 1970-1996 eg; Caprice Classic, Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, Pontiac Parisienne etc.. Even the 77-81 TransAm WS6 steering box pitman arm, front sway bar can be swapped in for better handling. I can't believe parts stores don't stock the part. They're probably thrown off by the year. Try a auto wrecker they use interchange manuals so they could find the right part even if it's off a different year and model car.

Add your comment to this topic!