Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Sebring 2.4 X no start problem

majormustang
12-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Ok here is the deal so far, went out this morning, got in the car, started up fine and then died. Went to start it back up, thinking maybe?? who knows, it will crank and act like it's not getting enough fuel, turning over and sounding like it wants to start but not fully starting. Pulled the plugs, all of them covered in gas, changed them out thinking maybe it was flooded?? Nope, $35 dollars later still the same. Checked spark on each, nice bright white spark...Hmmm, that should mean the crank position sensor is working...so I changed the cam position sensor....still the same thing, fuel pump is working, checked fuel at line coming into injectors, seems to be fine. Wires are fairly new, and plus it's getting good spark. Checked all the timing marks, maybe it jumped time? No, everything lines up fine. So now what? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks from a newbie.:crying:

hundahunta
12-29-2008, 10:29 PM
check compression.

majormustang
12-31-2008, 09:17 PM
I did check compression, it was fine...even for all cylinders. But it is fixed now, changed the coil and switched the plugs back to champion platinums, from bosch platinum 2's, I really think it was the plugs, which makes me feel like a jackass!!!!:loser:

Add your comment to this topic!