Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2.7 issue 1998

midrange
12-25-2008, 11:28 AM
So recently my car has started giving me starting issues.
First thing that would come to my mind is battery.

What is happening is first start of the day it fires up first try. If you shut if off immediately and try again, it just clicks repeatedly like a dead battery. But all lights and dash lights and what not are nice and bright. If you let it sit for half hour and try again, it starts first try. Then repeats this over again. Also if you start it up and drive to where ever, it drives nice, no issues, but when you get to destination, same thing happens. Won't start till it sits for half hour.

OK. So Battery i think it out of the question, it seems ok. Could it be a bad ignition switch? Today, i started it, then shut it off, went to start again, it just clicked, so i kept flicking the key on and off quick, then suddenly it kicked over and started.

tempfixit
12-25-2008, 07:49 PM
When it doen't turn over are you getting 12 volts to the starter??

Check starter relay?

Possibility of bad igniton switch. Try a search using igntion switch, might find more tips on subject.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

midrange
12-29-2008, 11:46 AM
All fixed.. Turned out to nothing more then Corrosion on the positive terminal due to Chryslers great creativity hiding the battery right behind the wheel well to collect all dirt, water, slush, salt, snow and dust off the road. Starts every time once you clean that up!

Add your comment to this topic!