Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ECMB fuse WTF

s10drivemecrazy
12-24-2008, 06:52 PM
ok i need some help here. heres whats happinin, i got a 96 s10. i can drive for about 3-8 miles without the truck shutting off on each fuse i put in. the ECMB fuse keeps blowing. i replaced the fuel pump, that was not the problem. i found that i was not getting power to the fuel pump when i tested with a test light at the plug on top of the fuel tank. i cut that wire and ran a new wire to the inside of the truck to a switch and ran my power from the fuse panel trying to bypass the relay but the fuse still blows and melts. also i have to take the ECMB fuse out after i shut the truck off and the key is off because my dash lights like the airbag light, service light and so on. can someone give me some advice if theyve experienced these problems and how to fix it. thanks

MT-2500
12-25-2008, 08:44 AM
You need to get a good electrical diagram of the fuse circuits.
Then start unpluging all stuff on the ECMB fuse circuit.

And watch amp draw on ECMB fuze circuit.

j cAT
12-26-2008, 04:28 PM
ok i need some help here. heres whats happinin, i got a 96 s10. i can drive for about 3-8 miles without the truck shutting off on each fuse i put in. the ECMB fuse keeps blowing. i replaced the fuel pump, that was not the problem. i found that i was not getting power to the fuel pump when i tested with a test light at the plug on top of the fuel tank. i cut that wire and ran a new wire to the inside of the truck to a switch and ran my power from the fuse panel trying to bypass the relay but the fuse still blows and melts. also i have to take the ECMB fuse out after i shut the truck off and the key is off because my dash lights like the airbag light, service light and so on. can someone give me some advice if theyve experienced these problems and how to fix it. thanks

as mentioned get wiring diagram,then I would fuse each device that is on that fuse/ecm... this should narrow down the short circuit..

another method would be to examine all the vehicle wiring for chaffing,etc...to body ground...

FltBlkS10
01-13-2009, 11:25 AM

I have a 89 S-10 4.3L with the same problem. I found that the oil pressure switch caused the fuse to blow due to low pressure.
Use a short finder and disconnect connectors until you find the cause.

brcidd
01-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Look for the oil pressure switch to have an internal short- melted plastic at the connector is what I have found in the past....

Add your comment to this topic!