Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 Venture interior lights

davel68
12-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Well the interior lights just quit working one day all at the same time.I checked all of the fuses with my test light with the key on and they are all good.It doesn't matter which door you open,they don't come on.Could it be the headlight switch?Any help would be much appreciated.

davel68
12-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh what I forgot to mention is that the interior lights don't come on with the switch either.They just don't come on period.

paprius4030
12-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Did somebody accidentially hit the switch above your head that shuts the lights off so the battery doesn't run down when one of the doors are left opened for a long time? It's the switch all the way to your left on the headliner.

davel68
12-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Man you were exactly right it was that switch.I feel light a complete idiot now but anyway I'm just glad it was something so simple.Thanks a bunch for the help.

'97ventureowner
12-25-2008, 01:02 PM
We all feel like that one way or another sometimes. With all the bells and whistles and knobs and toggle switches it's easy to accidentally hit one without realizing it,(try having a couple of young kids in the van who are curious and see what gets turned on or off :lol:)We learn from this and if the situation arises again we'll know what to look for the next time around,( and there will be a next time.) Glad to see it was a simple fix.

Add your comment to this topic!